Unlike some appliances in the home, the water heater is not one that we give a lot of attention to, at least until the water stops running hot. So, water heater trouble and need for replacement often comes as a surprise to many homeowners. Why get caught off guard when a quick check of the water heater with the knowledge of what to look for can help prevent trouble and get a new water heater when it’s time?
The following signs are common indicators that it is time to pick up the phone and call a local handyman in houston tx to come out and install a new water heater in your home.
1. No Hot Water: The most obvious and biggest sign that you need a new hot water heater is that you do not have hot water. There are sometimes easy fixes for this problem but otherwise, replace the unit.
2. Unusual Smells: Another common sign that people notice when the water heater needs to be replaced is unusual smells. If you notice odd smells coming from the faucets or the water heater, contact a professional.
3. Sediment Build-Up: Draining the water from the water heater may remove sediment but usually it is too late to repair and time to go ahead and update with a new appliance.
4. Age of Water heater: How old is your water heater? If it is 15+ years old, it’s probably given you the best years of your life and it is time to let it go and bring in the new and updated appliances to the game.
5. Rusty-Colored Water: If the water from the faucets in your house comes out a rusty color, it is likely related to the water heater. It’s also a big sign that you should replace the water heater ASAP.